When, how and what information do we collect?
We collect personal information from you when;
- You retain us to act for you;
- You seek legal advice or request information from us, directly or via our website;
- You fill out a form on our website and/or contact us via email;
- Or where we are acting on somebody elses behalf and you are involved in their matter.
We may collect the following information from you, as appropriate;
- your name;
- e-mail address;
- mailing address;
- phone number;
- other information including but not limited to bank account details, health details, property details etc.
We only collect information from you in a fair and lawful manner and we only collect that information that is necessary in order for us to provide the requested services to you or to act for you or on somebody elses behalf.
'Sensitive information' is a specific type of personal information such as health information, your criminal history, sexual preferences and more. We will only collect your sensitive information if:
- you have expressly consented to us doing so;
- we are required to do so by law; or
- the collection is necessary to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- to allow us to better respond to your individual needs and provided the services you require,
- to improve our customer service and website,
- to offer relevant information or services to you from time to time.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails from us, please contact us by telephone on (07) 9953 5925 or via email.
We will not sell or any of your personal information except where you consent. We will also not provide any of your personal information to third parties except where we are required to in order for us to provide our services to you, or where we are required to by law.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you provide us with, submit, or access your personal information. We ask that you assist us in keeping your information accurate and up-to-date by contacting us when your details need to be updated.
How can you access your personal information?
You are able to access personal information we hold about you pursuant to the Privacy Act (Commonwealth) 1988. However there may be some circumstances were we are not able to allow access under the law. This may be where, for example, we are acting for another client, we hold personal information about you and allowing access to that information involves a breach of duty to our client.
If you wish to access your personal information or have any questions about the information we hold about you please contact us directly.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.